If luxury and comfort is what you are looking for this winter, then look no further than these luxurious ski resorts! From the finest gourmet restaurants to luxury spas with concierge service – these luxury resorts have it all.
There’s a reason why celebrities flock to these ski destinations every year – they know how to make sure their guests experience the most comfortable vacation of a lifetime. What’s more, their skiing and snowboarding facilities are second to none.
Luxurious Ski Resorts
There’s nothing quite like hitting the slopes in some of the most luxurious ski resorts in the world. Whether you’re looking for breathtaking views or top-of-the-line amenities, these resorts have it all. Here are some of our favorite spots for a luxury ski vacation.
Aspen Highlands, Colorado, United States
One of the most exclusive ski resorts in North America, Aspen is home to some of the most lavish hotels and resorts in the country, and is sure to provide you with an unforgettable experience. From world-class skiing and snowboarding to amazing restaurants and unmatched nightlife, this picturesque Colorado town has it all.
Here are some of the best places to stay in Aspen during Winter:
- The Little Nell – This five star five diamond luxury hotel provides guests with ski-in, ski-out facilities and has an outdoor heated pool and hot tub.
- The St. Regis Aspen Resort – boasting outdoor hot tubs, a heated outdoor pool and the Remède Spa as well as butler service.
- Hotel Jerome – a local landmark since 1889, it continues to provide luxurious accommodations with an old-world charm.
Val d’Isere, France
The most expensive ski resort in France for accommodation, ski rental and lift passes, according to a survey by Skidata.io is Val d’Isere. Situated in the French Alps, Val d’Isere boasts over 300 kilometers of pistes, which are expertly groomed and well-maintained. In addition, there are an abundance of off-piste runs for those looking for a more adventurous experience.
And when it comes to apres-ski, Val d’Isere has plenty to offer, from cosy mountain chalets to chic bars and nightclubs. Whether you’re looking to hit the slopes or simply enjoy the stunning mountain scenery, Val d’Isere is the perfect place to do it.
Among the best Val d’Isere hotels are:
- Le Refuge de Solaise – ski-in ski-out access and a pool, gym and sauna.
- Hôtel Avenue Lodge – with a full-service spa and indoor pool as well as 24-hour room service.
- Le Yule Hotel & Spa – has a luxurious indoor pool and fitness center.
Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy
If you’re looking for an unforgettable luxury ski resort experience, look no further than Cortina d’Ampezzo. This exclusive enclave in the Italian Alps is renowned for its high-end accommodations, world-class skiing, and breathtaking scenery.
Whether you’re taking in the majestic peaks of the Dolomites or sipping cocktails by the firepit in your chalet, a winter trip to Cortina d’Ampezzo is sure to leave you feeling spoiled.
These are some of the top Cortina d’Ampezzo hotels:
- Cristallo, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa – five star service and amenities with beautiful views.
- Faloria Mountain Spa Resort – recently renovated, with a spacious indoor pool.
- Rosapetra Spa Resort – fabulous views over the Ampezzo Dolomites.
Lake Tahoe, United States
Lake Tahoe is truly a unique place, with its snow-capped peaks and pristine waters. But what makes it even more special is that it’s one of the most luxurious ski resorts in the world.
From world-class spas to championship golf courses, there’s no shortage of activities and amenities to enjoy at Lake Tahoe. So if you’re looking for a winter getaway that will pamper you from head to toe, be sure to add Lake Tahoe to your list.
- The Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe – ski-in, ski-out access and top notch service.
- Edgewood Tahoe Resort – modern hotel with a good spa and private beachfront access.
- Zalanta Resort – this Lake Tahoe apart-hotel is just 200 yards from a gondola and has an outdoor pool.
Whatever your skill level, Chamonix is a great destination for skiers. It offers world-class skiing and snowboarding.
The resort town is also known for its high-end hotels, gourmet restaurant, and luxury shops. Take the Aiguille du Midi cable car and step into the glass viewing box for jaw-dropping views of the French Alps.
Here are some recommendations for great Chamonix hotels:
- Le Hameau Albert 1er – boasting a Michelin starred restaurant and Mont Blanc-facing swimming pool.
- Private chalet – with an indoor swimming pool, gym and spa.
- Hôtel Mont Blanc Chamonix – close to the Aiguille du Midi Cable Car, with a spa and outdoor pool.
Beaver Creek Resort, Colorado, United States
If you’re looking for a luxurious ski resort that offers world-class skiing and breathtaking mountain views, Beaver Creek is the place for you. This ski resort is located in the heart of the Colorado Rockies and has something to offer everyone, from challenging slopes to picturesque villages.
Beaver Creek also features some of the best après-ski venues in the country, making it perfect for those who want to combine luxury with winter sports.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch – moments from the ski lift, with complimentary photography sessions for all guests and a range of fine dining options.
- Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort & Spa – ski-in ski-out location and Exhale spa.
- Beaver Creek Lodge, Autograph Collection – central village location and outdoor pool.
Courchevel 1850, France
When it comes to luxury ski resorts, Courchevel 1850 is one of the most highly acclaimed destinations in the world. With its impressive array of amenities, it’s easy to see why this French alps resort is so popular with discerning travelers.
Courchevel airport is the highest tarmacked runway in Europe, at 2,014 metres above sea level. It welcomes private jets and light aircraft, making Courchevel 1850 particularly easy to access.
- Hotel La Sivoliere – fine dining and ski-out access to the slopes.
- L’Apogée Courchevel – part of the Oetker Collection and boasting a La Prairie spa.
- Hôtel Barrière Les Neiges Courchevel – beautiful mountain views.
Park City, Utah, United States
There are countless ski resorts to choose from, but why is Park City one of the most luxurious? Nestled in the stunning Utah Wasatch mountains, this resort offers everything a luxury traveler could want.
Known as the Greatest Snow on Earth, Utah is famous for its deep powder skiing. Add in breathtaking views of the surrounding peaks and valleys, and it’s easy to see why this resort is so popular. If you’re looking for a winter getaway that’s both luxurious and unforgettable, Park City should be at the top of your list!
- Stein Eriksen Lodge – spacious luxury bedrooms and home rentals together with a range of dining options such as the Stein Alpenglobes for private outdoor dining.
- The St. Regis Deer Valley – ski-in, ski-out access and fine dining restaurant RIME serving contemporary American cuisine.
- Montage Deer Valley – 35,000 square foot spa and breathtaking views of the slopes.
There are lots of great things to do in Gstaad, from ice skating to browsing the luxury boutiques on the main street. This makes it ideal if you have non-skiers with you.
The skiing itself is world-class, with 90 kilometres of slopes that are ideal for intermediate skiers. There are five ski areas in all: Rinderberg, Wasserngra, Wispile, Eggli and Glacier 3000.
- Le Grand Bellevue – one of the largest spas in the Swiss Alps and great dining options.
- The Alpina Gstaad – 3 restaurants overseen by Michelin starred chef Martin Göschel: Sommet, Megu and Swiss Stübli plus a Six Senses Spa.
- Ultima Gstaad – 11 suites and 6 private residences in the heart of Gstaad.
One of the best ski resorts in Canada, Whistler offers everything from top-of-the-line hotels to fine dining and incredible skiing opportunities. You’ll never run out of things to do in Whistler!
Located in the Coast Mountains, Whistler is known for its snowboarding, downhill skiing and backcountry skiing. Here are some of the most luxurious hotels in Whistler:
- Four Seasons Resort Whistler – fabulous spa and spacious rooms with balcony and fireplace.
- 3 bedroom townhouse – with private hot tub and ski-in/ski-out access to Merlin’s Run.
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler Gold Experience – speedy check-in, private lounge and high speed internet access at this ski-in ski-out hotel.
St. Moritz, Switzerland
Immortalized in the ski chase in the movie The Spy Who Loved Me, St. Moritz has lost none of its glamour since then. These days, stars such as Kate Moss and Claudia Schiffer can be seen in St Moritz’s glitzy bars and restaurants.
There are many five-star hotels in St. Moritz, as you’d expect from one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world. Some of the best include:
- Badrutt’s Palace Hotel – choose from 7 restaurants at this 5 star property.
- Carlton House St Moritz – boasts 2 indoor pools and 1 outdoor heated pool.
- Grand Hotel des Bains Kempinski – close access to the ski lifts and exceptional service.
Lake Louise, Canada
Jasper is one of the most luxurious Canadian ski resorts. Located close to Banff in the Canadian Rockies, this attractive town is surrounded by mountains, glaciers, forests and rivers.
With its majestic mountains and stunning turquoise waters, it’s no wonder this place is a magnet for nature lovers from all over the globe. Skiing and snowboarding are popular winter sports in Jasper National Park. And after a day on the slopes, guests can relax in one of the upscale hotels and restaurants in Lake Louise and nearby Banff.
Luxury accommodations in Lake Louise include:
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise – 3 bars and lounges, an indoor pool and spa.
- Baker Creek by Basecamp – private lodge chalets with ski storage, a fitness center and a garden.
- The Post Hotel & Spa – a Relais & Châteaux hotel with a luxurious Temple Mountain Spa.
Zermatt is one of the most upscale ski resorts in the world, and offers a wealth of luxury accommodations and services. Whether you’re looking for a rustic alpine cabin or a five-star hotel, you’ll find what you’re looking for in Zermatt.
Plus, with more than 200 km of groomed pistes, there’s plenty of skiing and snowboarding to be had here.
- Chalet Nepomuk – spacious apartment with a Matterhorn view and private outdoor pool.
- Mont Cervin Palace – central location and a great pool and spa.
- Riffelalp Resort – the outdoor pool is great for relaxing after a long day on the slopes.
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Wyoming, United States
Nestled in the majestic Tetons, 57 miles from Yellowstone National Park, Jackson Hole is one of the most luxurious ski resorts around. Whether you’re looking for opulent accommodations, gourmet food, top-notch service or anything else that contributes to a pampered ski vacation, Jackson Hole has it all.
Known for its fine powder snow, the ski areas at Jackson Hole are easily accessible thanks to the Sweetwater Gondola and the Aerial Tram. There’s a good range of beginner, intermediate and expert slopes.
These are a few of the best places to stay in Jackson Hole:
- Four Seasons Resort Jackson Hole – this luxury resort has a casino and ski-in ski-out access.
- Three Bear Tracks – private home with space for up to 8 people and private hot tub.
- Teton Mountain Lodge and Spa – 5 hot tubs, a great location in Teton Village and luxurious accommodations.
Best for expert skiers, Verbier is a picturesque mountain village in the Swiss Alps. Despite its upmarket reputation, there’s a friendly vibe and great apres-ski! The Farm Club is one of the liveliest night clubs.
In terms of Verbier accommodation, many choose to stay in luxury chalets but there are also some good luxury hotels.
- La Cordée des Alpes – fabulous pool, sauna and hammam and restaurant and a great brasserie restaurant.
- W Verbier – a prime location next to the ski lift and 6 restaurants and bars.
- Experimental Chalet – ski-in ski-out access and modern decor.
One of the most picturesque skiing resorts in the world, Kitzbuhel is also a great Summer destination. The future King Edward VIII visited in 1928 and the area became extremely popular with jetsetters.
As well as downhill skiing, Kitzbühel is known for its cross-country skiing and skating trails. Here are some of the best places to stay in Kitzbühel.
- A-ROSA Kitzbühel – Austria’s Best Resort Spa 2021 at the World Spa Awards.
- Tennerhof Gourmet & Spa de Charme Hotel – 3 restaurants and a charming location.
- Hotel Schwarzer Adler Kitzbühel – adults only hotel in the center of Kitzbühel.
This luxury resort in Japan is increasingly popular with international jetsetters. Known for its “champagne powder”, light and fluffy snow, Niseko ski season lasts from late November to early May.
Kick back in a natural hot spring and enjoy fresh sushi after a day on the slopes. These are some of the best places to stay in Niseko:
- Higashiyama Niseko Village, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve – 24 hour fitness center and mountain view accommodations.
- AYA Niseko – relaxing hot spring spa and ski-in ski-out access.
- Park Hyatt Niseko Hanazono – the signature suites have a private onsen bath.
St Anton, Austria
St. Anton is one of the most luxurious ski resorts in the world. Boasting stunning alpine scenery, top-class facilities and a wealth of activities on offer, it is no wonder that this resort remains a favorite with luxury travelers.
From superb skiing and snowboarding to relaxing spa treatments and après-ski fun, there is something for everyone at St. Anton – making it the perfect destination for your next winter vacation.
Some of the best luxury hotels in St Anton are:
- Arlberg Hospiz Chalet Suiten – 5 star service and a famous wine collection beneath the Hospiz Alm Restaurant.
- Himmlhof – a small luxury boutique hotel with a warm welcome.
- Wellness & Beauty Hotel Alte Post – ski-in ski-out access and a luxurious spa with indoor pool.
Vail, United States
Perched atop a Colorado mountain, Vail is one of the most luxurious ski resorts in the world. The resort town is home to five-star hotels, upscale shops, and gourmet restaurants.
And Vail is also one of the largest ski resorts, with 5,317 acres of skiable terrain. Visitors can enjoy a variety of activities, including skiing, snowboarding, and ice skating. In addition, Vail is also home to the Colorado Snowsports Museum and Hall of Fame.
Vail Resorts are limiting single day lift tickets in order to make the guest experience as pleasant as possible. Some of the best luxury hotels in Vail are:
- The Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort – ski-in ski-out access and an outdoor pool.
- Four Seasons Resort Vail – with an outdoor pool and bar and a luxurious spa.
- Sonnenalp – boasts 3 restaurants, an indoor and outdoor pool and a spa.
This charming town in the Austrian Alps is one of the most luxurious ski resorts in the world. From challenging black runs to peaceful cross-country skiing trails, Lech has something for everyone.
Best of all, its beautiful alpine village setting makes it a true paradise for luxury travelers. Here’s our pick of the top Lech hotels:
- Hotel Sonnenburg – ideal for families, a cosy yet chic hotel in a great location.
- Severins The Alpine Retreat – cosy suites and residence with a private cinema.
- Goldener Berg – trendy decor and ski-in ski-out access to the slopes.
In Conclusion: Most Luxurious Ski Resorts
There’s no denying it – skiing is one of the most exhilarating winter sports around. And if you’re looking to indulge in some serious luxury while hitting the slopes, you’ll want to check out the world’s best ski resorts. From intimate boutique lodges to sprawling Alpine villages, you can ski in style at the most luxurious ski resorts on the planet.
The luxury ski resorts of the world offer much more than just skiing and snowboarding. These upscale destinations provide their guests with exquisite fine dining experiences, luxurious spas, and attentive concierge service. They also boast some of the best heli-skiing facilities in the world, making them perfect for winter enthusiasts looking for a truly VIP experience.
So dress up warm and hit the slopes!
Like this guide to the most luxurious ski resorts in the world? Pin for later or share with friends.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.